INTERMEDIATE FIREFIGHTING TRAINING – TEAM MEMBER
Nationally Recognised Course Code:
- MSAPMOHS212A Undertake First Response to Fire Incidents
Our nationally accredited Intermediate Firefighting training courses are designed for persons who may be required to operate as part of a team to combat various types of fires on-site. This training course is further and more comprehensive training which adds on from the initial one day training course. This training introduces personnel to the basic principles of structure firefighting, LPG Emergencies, Chemical Fires, Vehicle Fires and offensive/defensive firefighting techniques.
Participants will develop skills to select the correct firefighting equipment based on the type of fire encountered. Training covers how to act as part of a fire team in accordance with firefighting procedures. This includes obtaining water, pumping water and attacking a fire. This course will provide further information for the sizeup of fires, usage of offensive/defensive attacks etc.
- Basic Fire Science
- Responding to Fires & Emergencies
- LPG Emergencies
- Chemical Fires
- Structural Firefighting Safety
- Vehicle Firefighting Safety
- Firefighting Tactics & Techniques
- PRACTICAL SESSIONS: Three person gas attack, boundary/exposure cooling, structural firefighting and search and rescue operations
- Grassfire/ Bushfire attack strategies
- Principles of SIZE-UP and RECEO when responding to fires
- Introduction to Emergency Team Leader Duties
This Training is specifically tailored to your worksite, your equipment and your emergency response procedures.
NOTE: This training is very comprehensive. It is expected that personnel whom attend this course are fully conversant with the usage of Breathing Apparatus. This training course will be very physical – It is important that all personnel who attend this course are capable of wearing firefighting equipment, wearing 15kg BA sets on their backs and using hose lines in dark/smoky/confined environments.
Normally 2 Days (Note: Personnel should have previously completed Breathing Apparatus Training).
Written & Practical Assessment
At your location anywhere across Australia or at a Fire & Safety Australia Training Room
Here's 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Fire & Safety Australia For All Your Workplace Safety Training:
1. 100% Money Back Guarantee
If you're not completely satisfied with our expert training, we will send another instructor FREE of charge or refund your money in full. Our personnel have over 100 years of experience in fire and safety training and we stand behind our excellent training courses.
2. National Accreditation
All certificates are accredited and Nationally recognised with the AQTF across Australia. Don't get caught with non-AQTF training.
3. We Walk The Talk
All our trainers are former full time professional fire fighters or emergency services workers. We KNOW what's required in the heat of an emergency - because our life depends on it.
4. On Site Training Using Your Equipment
Your team need training specific to your work place and your equipment. We train on your site using your equipment tailored to your company policies and procedures.
5. Famous Clients
Australia's well known and respected businesses and organisations trust us to train their team including:
Fill In The Online Booking Request Form Or Call Now On 1300 88 55 30
ONLY 1 PHONE CALL, Select Your State For Your: Nationally Certified Fire, Confined Space, Heights, HAZCHEM & First Aid Training
"Real Experience Can't Be Beaten... We Use Professional Trainers"
Fire & Safety Australia Provides Fire/Safety/Rescue and Medical Training That:
- Meets your legal obligations.
- Is cost effective based on your budget.
- Is nationally Recognised.
- Is interesting and 'hand-on' practical training.
- Is directly tailored to the needs of your personnel, your equipment and your company policies and procedures.
- Is conducted by professional emergency services personnel.
- Is available on-site at your location anywhere in Australia.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee.
Training Course Finder
FSA provides Confined Space Training for Snowy Hydro Ltd
Fire and Safety Australia has started a comprehensive Confined Space Training program with Snowy Hydro Limited in 2011.