Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue – RII30709
This qualification reflects the role of response and rescue team members who work in a mine site or a construction site, and perform tasks involving a broad range of skilled applications applied in a wide variety of contexts.
People performing these roles may be required to exercise some discretion and judgement in selecting equipment and services and deal with contingencies.
The course is delivered by training professionals who are experienced emergency services personnel and can be tailored to meet your specific workplace requirements.
A total of 16 units of competency are required to successfully complete this qualification.
The following 5 core units are completed by all participants:
- HLTFA301C Apply First Aid
- RIICOM201A Communicate in the Workforce
- RIIRIS201B Conduct local risk control
- RIIOHS201A Work safely and follow OHS policies and procedures
- RIIGOV201A Comply with site work processes/procedures
Course participants choose 11 units from the following list:
- HLTFA402C Apply advanced first aid
- PMAOHS211B Prepare equipment for emergency response
- PMAOMIR444B Develop incident containment tactics
- PUAAMS007B Coordinate search and rescue operations
- PUAFIR207B Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
- PUAFIR306B Render hazardous materials incidents safe
- PUAFIR307B Monitor hazardous atmospheres
- PUASAR024A Undertake road crash rescue
- PUASAR032A Undertake vertical rescue
- PUASAR025A Undertake confined space rescue
- PUASAR027A Undertake land search rescue
- RIIERR201A Conduct fire team operations
- RIIERR205A Apply initial response First Aid
- RIIERR301A Respond to mine incident
- RIIERR302A Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- RIIERR303A Operate in self-contained regenerative oxygen breathing apparatus
- RIIERR304A Control emergencies and critical situations
- RIIERR305A Control underground fires
- RIIERR306A Conduct underground search
- RIIERR307A Extricate casualties from underground incident
- RIIERR308A Extricate and transport people involved in incidents
- RIIERR309A Establish and operate from fresh air base
- RIIERR310A Provide support for rescue operations
- RIIRIS301B Apply risk management processes
Note: Participants who have successfully completed the Standard 11 Coal Mine Induction for Queensland receive direct credit for 4 core units and 2 elective units, leaving a balance of 9 units plus Apply First Aid to be completed.
Participants with a current First Aid Certificate receive direct credit for the core unit, Apply First Aid.
Normally 8-20 days depending on elective choices and previous experience/completed training.
Pre requisite Requirements:
Some of the units listed have prerequisite requirements.
Written and practical assessment. RPL also available.
Onsite or at a Fire and Safety Australia training venue.
To download a copy of a sample training plan, click the link below:
Here's 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Fire & Safety Australia For All Your Workplace Safety Training:
1. 100% Money Back Guarantee
If you're not completely satisfied with our expert training, we will send another instructor FREE of charge or refund your money in full. Our personnel have over 100 years of experience in fire and safety training and we stand behind our excellent training courses.
2. National Accreditation
All certificates are accredited and Nationally recognised with the AQTF across Australia. Don't get caught with non-AQTF training.
3. We Walk The Talk
All our trainers are former full time professional fire fighters or emergency services workers. We KNOW what's required in the heat of an emergency - because our life depends on it.
4. On Site Training Using Your Equipment
Your team need training specific to your work place and your equipment. We train on your site using your equipment tailored to your company policies and procedures.
5. Famous Clients
Australia's well known and respected businesses and organisations trust us to train their team including:
Fill In The Online Booking Request Form Or Call Now On 1300 88 55 30
ONLY 1 PHONE CALL, Select Your State For Your: Nationally Certified Fire, Confined Space, Heights, HAZCHEM & First Aid Training
"Real Experience Can't Be Beaten... We Use Professional Trainers"
Fire & Safety Australia Provides Fire/Safety/Rescue and Medical Training That:
- Meets your legal obligations.
- Is cost effective based on your budget.
- Is nationally Recognised.
- Is interesting and 'hand-on' practical training.
- Is directly tailored to the needs of your personnel, your equipment and your company policies and procedures.
- Is conducted by professional emergency services personnel.
- Is available on-site at your location anywhere in Australia.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee.
Training Course Finder
FSA provides Confined Space Training for Snowy Hydro Ltd
Fire and Safety Australia has started a comprehensive Confined Space Training program with Snowy Hydro Limited in 2011.