GAS TESTING TRAINING
Nationally Recognised Course Codes:
MSAPMOHS217A Gas Test Atmospheres
Our Gas Testing training course is designed for personnel who may need to undertake monitoring of potentially hazardous atmospheres in the workplace. These areas that may need to be atmospherically tested may include: Confined Spaces, work around hazardous material storage areas, restricted spaces or areas which contain dangerous goods.
This course is taught by highly experienced emergency services instructors who have a strong background in HAZMAT response. This training course will teach personnel when gas testing is required, how to conduct gas testing and how to determine if the atmosphere is safe to work in.
Many practical exercises are included as part of the training. This training course involves ‘hands on’ experience operating gas testing equipment.
- Legislative framework for gas detection
- When is gas testing required
- Supervisor responsibilities
- Gas Testing Permits to work and hot work requirements
- Risk assessments and the need to consider atmospheric monitoring requirements during the risk assessment
- Confined Space Permit overview
- Oxygen Deficiency, Oxygen Enrichment, Lower Explosive Levels, Carbon Monoxide, Hydrogen Sulphide, Methane and other gasses
- Exposure Limits: TWA’s, STEL’s, IDLH’s etc
- Air Densities of common gasses
- Gas testing log sheets
- Gas detector maintenance
- Gas detector bump testing and calibration requirements
- Gas detector records
½ Day 4 Hours
Theory and Practical Assessment
At your location anywhere across Australia or at a Fire & Safety Australia Training Room
Here's 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Fire & Safety Australia For All Your Workplace Safety Training:
1. 100% Money Back Guarantee
If you're not completely satisfied with our expert training, we will send another instructor FREE of charge or refund your money in full. Our personnel have over 100 years of experience in fire and safety training and we stand behind our excellent training courses.
2. National Accreditation
All certificates are accredited and Nationally recognised with the AQTF across Australia. Don't get caught with non-AQTF training.
3. We Walk The Talk
All our trainers are former full time professional fire fighters or emergency services workers. We KNOW what's required in the heat of an emergency - because our life depends on it.
4. On Site Training Using Your Equipment
Your team need training specific to your work place and your equipment. We train on your site using your equipment tailored to your company policies and procedures.
5. Famous Clients
Australia's well known and respected businesses and organisations trust us to train their team including:
Fill In The Online Booking Request Form Or Call Now On 1300 88 55 30
ONLY 1 PHONE CALL, Select Your State For Your: Nationally Certified Fire, Confined Space, Heights, HAZCHEM & First Aid Training
"Real Experience Can't Be Beaten... We Use Professional Trainers"
Fire & Safety Australia Provides Fire/Safety/Rescue and Medical Training That:
- Meets your legal obligations.
- Is cost effective based on your budget.
- Is nationally Recognised.
- Is interesting and 'hand-on' practical training.
- Is directly tailored to the needs of your personnel, your equipment and your company policies and procedures.
- Is conducted by professional emergency services personnel.
- Is available on-site at your location anywhere in Australia.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee.
Training Course Finder
FSA provides Confined Space Training for Snowy Hydro Ltd
Fire and Safety Australia has started a comprehensive Confined Space Training program with Snowy Hydro Limited in 2011.