Our Experience With Cristal Mining
- Full-time Emergency Response Trainer/ Emergency Services Coordinator Role in Central NSW
- Trained over 500 learners across all fire, safety and emergency response training courses
- We took the hassle out of emergency response and provide a full-time capability
Fire & Safety Australia (FSA) has been working with Cristal mining for over 2 years. During that time we’ve run confined space training, height safety training and emergency response team training. Cristal mining (previously Bemax resources) owns and operates 2 mineral sands mines which are approximately 220km from Broken Hill.
After working with Cristal mining for 12 months, the site was formulating a new emergency response team, obtaining new emergency response equipment and developing updated emergency response procedures. FSA suggested contracting a permanent Emergency Response Trainer/Coordinator on a 8:6 roster to ensure a high level of emergency planning, preparedness, training and response. Our services included the following:
- Conduct fire, safety, first aid, height safety and confined space safety training through our RTO (22250)
- Schedule, structure and conduct Cert III Mines Rescue training and up skill the onsite volunteer ERT (Including
- Vertical Rescue Training, Road Accident Rescue Training, Fire Team training and Confined space rescue training)
- Mentor and lead the ERT through their ongoing development and emergency incident response
- Write site ERT procedures and response protocols
- Act as a mine site safety officer when one of the safety team are absent
- Conduct procurement duties for the safety team (including vehicle, PPE and ERT equipment)
- Conduct emergency response preparedness training, exercises and drills.
We have partnered with Cristal mining and saved them tens of thousands of dollars by providing a one-stop solution for their remote site emergency response training and coordination of requirements.
Click to download Fire & Safety Australia Client Case Study – Cristal Mining
Please contact us for the contact details for this client for a verbal reference if needed.