Our Experience With YPS
- We have provided Emergency Response Team Training to Cert III Public Safety (Firefighting Operations) for over 2 years
- We have conducted audits of emergency response plans, training skills matrices and other ERT operations
- We have provided Yallourn power station with flexible emergency response and safety training delivery options
Over the past 2 years we have truly partnered with Yallourn power station to provide a ‘one stop’ solution for the site. During this time we have completed:
- On-site emergency response training (Confined space rescue training, vertical rescue training and other emergency response team training) as part of the Cert III Public Safety (Firefighting & Emergency Operations)
- Partnered with Yallourn to provide additional emergency services officers after the large floods and landslides in 2012 at less than 72 hours notice
- Conducted tailored confined space entry training and height safety training to both the on-site ESO’s and general site staff
- Conducted audits, assessments and benchmarking of the Yallourn ERT to look at best practice standards across similar operational environments
FSA also approached Yallourn with an opportunity to save money on their training budget. FSA suggested that Yallourn power station (and owner at the time Tru Energy) seriously consider coming on board as a ‘co-provider’ of FSA. Tru Energy did this and was accredited by the FSA Quality team to conduct training through FSA’s Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID:22250). Over the past 2 years the permanent ESO’s on-site have delivered a wide range of emergency response and safety training to site personnel. FSA continues to partner with Yallourn Power Station and assist them in meeting their emergency response and safety training requirements.
Click to download Fire & Safety Australia Client Case Study – Yallourn Power Station
Please contact us for the contact details for this client for a verbal reference if needed.