22463VIC - COURSE IN AWARENESS OF THE AUSTRALASIAN INTER-SERVICE INCIDENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AIIMS)
22463VIC Course in Awareness of the Australasian Inter-service Incident Management System (AIIMS)
FSA holds a current contract with AFAC who are the custodian of the Australasian Inter-service Incident Management System (AIIMS), an integral part of emergency management doctrine for the fire and emergency services industry in Australia. The system enables Australian agencies to come together to resolve incidents through an integrated and effective response.
Through the application of AIIMS in training, exercising and incident response, people from fire and emergency services, government, not-for-profit agencies and industry have been able to build trust and confidence in each other’s ability to work together and effectively manage the most challenging of incidents.
This course is designed as awareness training for those individuals that need to have an understanding of the key concepts that underpin the Australasian Inter-Service Incident Management System (AIIMS). These individuals may require an understanding of the system to:
- Support emergency management processes in their workplace or local community
- Assist with performing a non-managerial role in support of emergency operations
The AIIMS 2017 Awareness Course is a one-day course comprised of five sessions, providing basis orientation in AIIMS to allow personnel to act in roles supporting the Incident Controller and key functional officers within an Incident Management Team. When completed, the course can be used as a basis to issue a statement of attainment for the nationally accredited short course, 22463VIC Course in Awareness of the Australasian Inter-Service Incident Management System.
- Confirming the context in which AIIMS will be applied
- Determining how AIIMS is used to manage an incident
- Outlining the role and nature of an incident action plan
- Communication and collaboration skills within incident management structures
- Practical activities
- Fitness to Participate declaration
- Enclosed shoes.
- USI that can be verified to ensure release of Statement of Attainment
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
Assessment of this course is generally be conducted in a theoretical, rather than practical context due to the complexity and high-risk nature of work.
Upon successful completion, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment issued by Fire and Safety Australia Pty Ltd
Training will be delivered utilising theory and scenario based activities. Delivery will include trainer led presentations, activities and group discussions.
Onsite or at our training facility
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Here are 5 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
Course Pricing: View our Public Course price list.
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted.
Cancellation Policy: Public Courses - With 5 business days cancellation notice a total refund is given. If less than 5 business days notice a 50% refund is made. When less than 24 hours notice is given, no refund is available.
Can we combine courses into a course package? Yes companies can combine other FSA courses with the Chief Fire Warden training to save money.