BREATHING APPARATUS TRAINING
Operate Breathing Apparatus Open Circuit
Course code: PUAFIR207B
- PUAFIR207B Operate Breathing Apparatus Open Circuit
Participants attending this course will select, don, operate and maintain open circuit breathing apparatus equipment in an irrespirable atmosphere as defined by
the Australian Standard AS/NZS 1715 Selection, use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment, along with observing a high emphasis on safety &
This training course is from the Public Safety Training Package and is designed for operators who are required to wear breathing apparatus within an emergency /
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- USI and Fitness to participate declaration
- Participants MUST be clean shaven as per AS1715 Sect. 184.108.40.206 Facial Fit, General.
- Appropriate safety footwear, Long pants, long sleeves
Onsite or at our training facility
Public and corporate courses available in most states
- Hazardous environments that require breathing protection
- Relevant Australian Standards, regulations explained
- The Human respiratory system
- Types of breathing apparatus
- Communication procedures
- Risk assessments and hierarchy of hazard control
- Breathing apparatus key components
- Conduct pre-donning checks and tests on breathing apparatus
- Don and Doffing breathing apparatus
- Calculating working duration & emergency escape times
- Using breathing apparatus control tally boards
- Breathing apparatus safety & entrapment procedures
- After use cleaning, maintenance & testing procedures
- Search & rescue
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Here are 5 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
Course Pricing: View our Public Course price list.
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted.
Cancellation Policy: Public Courses - With 5 business days cancellation notice a total refund is given. If less than 5 business days notice a 50% refund is made. When less than 24 hours notice is given, no refund is available.
Can we combine courses into a course package? Yes companies can combine other FSA courses with the Chief Fire Warden training to save money.