BREATHING APPARATUS TRAINING
Operate Breathing Apparatus Open Circuit
Course code: PUAFIR207B, PUAFIR215
- PUAFIR207B Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
- PUAFIR215 Prevent injury
Participants attending this course will select, don, operate and maintain open circuit breathing apparatus equipment in an irrespirable atmosphere as defined by the Australian Standard AS/NZS 1715 Selection, use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment, along with observing a high emphasis on safety & emergency procedures.
This training course is from the Public Safety Training Package and is designed for operators who are required to wear breathing apparatus within an emergency / rescue environment.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- USI and Fitness to participate declaration
- Participants MUST be clean shaven as per AS1715 Sect. 184.108.40.206 Facial Fit, General.
- Appropriate safety footwear, Long pants, long sleeves
Onsite or at our training facility
Public and corporate courses available in most states
- Hazardous environments that require breathing protection
- Relevant Australian Standards, regulations explained
- The Human respiratory system
- Types of breathing apparatus
- Communication procedures
- Risk assessments and hierarchy of hazard control
- Breathing apparatus key components
- Conduct pre-donning checks and tests on breathing apparatus
- Don and Doffing breathing apparatus
- Calculating working duration & emergency escape times
- Using breathing apparatus control tally boards
- Breathing apparatus safety & entrapment procedures
- After use cleaning, maintenance & testing procedures
- Search & rescue
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Here are 5 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
Course Pricing: View our Public Course price list.
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted.
Cancellation Policy: Public Courses - With 5 business days cancellation notice a total refund is given. If less than 5 business days notice a 50% refund is made. When less than 24 hours notice is given, no refund is available.
Can we combine courses into a course package? Yes companies can combine other FSA courses with the Chief Fire Warden training to save money.