CERTIFICATE II IN PUBLIC SAFETY
Certificate II in Public Safety (Firefighting and Emergency Operations)
Course code: PUA20613
Our nationally accredited training is designed for individuals wishing to further their level of knowledge and skills in firefighting and emergency response.
Participants will ideally be currently engaged in firefighting and emergency response activities in the community or workplace, or looking to enter this industry.
It is designed for organisations and individuals responsible for public safety and for those working in public safety roles including:
• Mines rescue crew personnel
• Emergency response teams
• Fire service personnel; and
• Any individuals responsible for participating in firefighting and rescue operations
FSA Entry Requirements:
• Fitness to Participate
• Males to be clean shaven for: PUAFIR207B Operate breath apparatus open circuit
10 – 30 Days depending on experience of the learners and the elective units chosen.
Onsite or at our training facility
Corporate courses in all states
The following core units are completed by all participants:
• PUAEQU001B Prepare, maintain and test response equipment
• PUAFIR203B Respond to urban fire
• PUAFIR207B Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
• PUAFIR215 Prevent injury
• PUAOPE013A Operate communications systems and equipment
• PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation
• PUATEA001B Work in a team
• HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
Group A Electives:
• PUACOM001C Communicate in the workplace
• PUACOM002B Provide services to clients
• PUAFIR204B Respond to wildfire
• PUAFIR205B Respond to aviation incident (specialist)
• PUAFIR206B Check installed fire safety systems
• PUAFIR208B Participate in community safety activities
• PUAFIR209B Work safely around aircraft
• PUAFIR212B Rappel from helicopter
• PUAFIR216 Undertake hover-exit operations from helicopter
• PUAFIR217 Undertake helicopter winch operations
• PUAFIR218 Respond to isolated structure fire
• PUAFIR309B Operate pumps
• PUALAW001B Protect and preserve incident scene
• PUAOHS001C Follow defined occupational health and safety policies and procedures
• PUASAR023A Participate in an urban search and rescue Category 1
• PUASAR033 Perform land based swiftwater and floodwater rescue and recovery
• PUATEA004D Work effectively in a public safety organisation
• FPICOT2239A Trim and cut felled trees
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Here are 5 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
Course Pricing: View our Public Course price list.
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted.
Cancellation Policy: Public Courses - With 5 business days cancellation notice a total refund is given. If less than 5 business days notice a 50% refund is made. When less than 24 hours notice is given, no refund is available.
Can we combine courses into a course package? Yes companies can combine other FSA courses with the Chief Fire Warden training to save money.