CHILDCARE FIRST AID TRAINING
Childcare First Aid
Course code: HLTAID001, HLTAID004
• HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
• HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
The unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults. The unit applies to childcare workers, educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
This unit of competency may contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
Specific licensing requirements, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and/or relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
FSA Entry Requirements:
• Fitness to Participate
2 days or 8 hours & theory workbook
Onsite or at our training facility
Public courses available in most states, corporate courses available in all states
- Legal and ethical responsibilities
- Assess the incident scene
- Conduct D-R-S-A-B-C-D
- CPR techniques on adults, children and infants
- Recovery position
- Basic anatomy
- Child physiology
- Managing bleeding, burns and fractures
- Managing eye & soft tissue injuries
- Managing medical conditions such as diabetes, epilepsy, asthma and anaphylaxis
- Managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- Incident reporting in a child care setting
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Here are 5 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
Course Pricing: View our Public Course price list.
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted.
Cancellation Policy: Public Courses - With 5 business days cancellation notice a total refund is given. If less than 5 business days notice a 50% refund is made. When less than 24 hours notice is given, no refund is available.
Can we combine courses into a course package? Yes companies can combine other FSA courses with the Chief Fire Warden training to save money.
Interested in this course?
Corporate training packages
Not sure where to start? FSA can conduct a comprehensive risk assessment and tailor a training and assessment strategy for your business.