CONFINED SPACE RESCUE TRAINING
Undertake Confined Space Rescue
(non fire-sector specific)
Course code: PUASAR025A, PUASAR022A, PUAEME001B, PUAFIR215
- PUASAR025A Undertake confined space rescue
- PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation
- PUAEME001B Provide emergency care
- PUAFIR215 Prevent Injury
Our confined space rescue training course will teach your personnel how to rescue personnel from confined spaces in accordance with WHS Regulations and Australian Standard 2865-2009. This programme is not designed for the Fire Sector.
This confined space rescue training course also includes a breathing apparatus refresher module so that learners understand how to rescue a person from a hazardous atmosphere within a confined space whilst remaining safe.
This course is designed to teach learners how to determine what hazards may exist within a confined space, how to put into place a confined space rescue plan and how to carry out a confined space rescue, and as a rescue focused course, is not designed for general “confined space work” workers.
FSA Entry Requirements:
• Fitness to Participate declaration
• Appropriate safety footwear and clothing eg. Long pants and sleeves
• USI that can be verified to ensure release of Statement of Attainment
• Participants must be clean shaven, no facial hair that may affect facial seal as per Australian Standard 1715
• Sufficient language literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
• HLTAID003 Provide first aid*#
• PUAFIR207B Operate breathing apparatus open circuit*##
* or equivalent as per training.gov.au
# PUAEME001B will be awarded on RPL where the participant has provided HLTAID003 Provide first aid, which is an entry requirement.
# PUAFIR215 will be awarded on Credit Transfer where the participant has provided a copy of their SoA for PUAFIR207B Operate breathing apparatus open circuit, as PUAFIR215 is a pre-requisite for this unit.Where the participant fails to provide the entry requirement Units of Competency evidence, no Statement of Attainment will be awarded.
Evidence of each participant holding the above competencies must be provided prior to entry into the course
Onsite or at our training facility. Mobile training trainer available.
Corporate course only
- Identifying Confined Spaces & hazards
- Australian Standards & Relevant Legislation explained
- Roles & Responsibilities of Management & Employees
- Risk Assessments & Hierarchy of Hazard Controls
- Rescue techniques and principles
- Breathing Apparatus Skills Maintenance
- Tripods, VED’s & Rescue Equipment
- Practical Rescue Scenarios from Confined Spaces
- Self Rescue from Confined Spaces
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Here are 5 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
Course Pricing: View our Public Course price list.
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted.
Cancellation Policy: Public Courses - With 5 business days cancellation notice a total refund is given. If less than 5 business days notice a 50% refund is made. When less than 24 hours notice is given, no refund is available.
Can we combine courses into a course package? Yes companies can combine other FSA courses with the Chief Fire Warden training to save money.