GAS TEST ATMOSPHERES
Gas Detection Training
Course code: MSMWHS217
• MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
Our Gas Testing training course is designed for personnel who may need to undertake monitoring of potentially hazardous atmospheres in the workplace. Areas that may need to be atmospherically tested may include: confined spaces, work around hazardous material storage areas, restricted spaces or areas which contain dangerous goods. This course is taught by highly experienced emergency services instructors who have a strong background in HAZMAT response. This training course will teach personnel when gas testing is required, how to conduct gas testing and how to determine if the atmosphere is safe to work in. Many practical exercises are included as part of the training. This training course involves ‘hands on’ experience operating gas testing equipment.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Fitness to participate
Onsite or at our training facility
Public courses available in most states
- Legislative framework for gas detection
- When is gas testing required
- Supervisor responsibilities
- Gas Testing Permits to work and hot work requirements
- Risk assessments and the need to consider atmospheric monitoring requirements during the risk assessment
- Confined Space Permit overview
- Air Densities of common gases
- Oxygen Deficiency, Oxygen Enrichment, Lower Explosive Levels, Carbon Monoxide, Hydrogen Sulphide, Methane and other gasses
- Exposure Limits: TWAs, STELs, IDLHs etc
- Gas testing log sheets
- Gas detector maintenance
- Gas detector bump testing and calibration requirements
- Gas detector records
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Here are 5 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
Course Pricing: View our Public Course price list.
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted.
Cancellation Policy: Public Courses - With 5 business days cancellation notice a total refund is given. If less than 5 business days notice a 50% refund is made. When less than 24 hours notice is given, no refund is available.
Can we combine courses into a course package? Yes companies can combine other FSA courses with the Chief Fire Warden training to save money.
Interested in this course?
Corporate training packages
Not sure where to start? FSA can conduct a comprehensive risk assessment and tailor a training and assessment strategy for your business.