HAZMAT RESPONSE TRAINING
HAZMAT Response Training
Course code: PUAFIR308B, PUAFIR316, PUAFIR320
• PUAFIR308B Employ personnel protection at a hazardous materials incident
• PUAFIR316 Identify detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident
• PUAFIR320 Render hazardous materials incident safe
Our 3 day HAZMAT Response course is designed for Emergency Response Teams who may be required to Identify, detect & monitor HAZMATS at an incident.
This training course is taught by experienced instructors who will take course participants through both theory and practical sessions to respond to on-site hazardous material emergencies.
This Training course has a practical emphasis. Practical drills include: Splash or Gas Suits, Decontamination, Assessment of the incident scene, Rescue Procedures etc. This course makes use of various safety documentation such as: SDS’s, HAZCHEM Sheets & HAG Sheets.
FSA Entry Requirements:
• Fire rated PPE
• Fitness to Participate
• Clothing appropriate to site requirement (eg. Hi Vis, long sleeves and long pants)
• Appropriate safety footwear
• Participants must be clean shaven, no facial hair that may affect facial seal as per Australian standards
• Sufficient language literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
• PUAFIR207B Operate Breathing Apparatus Open Circuit
• PUAFIR215 Prevent injury
Corporate course only
- HAZCHEM & Dangerous Goods Legislation
- Ensure compliance with legislation
- HAZCHEM Incident Response protocols / procedures
- Safe Work Procedures
- HAZMAT Emergency Response procedures
- HAZMAT incident leadership
- Personal Protective Equipment: Splash Suits, Gas Suits Decontamination and HOT/WARM COLD Zone establishment
- HAZMAT Emergency Action Guides, HAG Sheets etc
- First Aid treatment for HAZMAT Incidents
- Spill response
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Here are 5 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
Course Pricing: View our Public Course price list.
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted.
Cancellation Policy: Public Courses - With 5 business days cancellation notice a total refund is given. If less than 5 business days notice a 50% refund is made. When less than 24 hours notice is given, no refund is available.
Can we combine courses into a course package? Yes companies can combine other FSA courses with the Chief Fire Warden training to save money.
Interested in this course?
Corporate training packages
Not sure where to start? FSA can conduct a comprehensive risk assessment and tailor a training and assessment strategy for your business.