HAZMAT RESPONSE TRAINING
HAZMAT Response Training
Course code: PUAFIR308B, PUAFIR316, PUAFIR320
• PUAFIR308B Employ personnel protection at a hazardous materials incident
• PUAFIR316 Identify detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident
• PUAFIR320 Render hazardous materials incident safe
Our 3 day HAZMAT Response course is designed for Emergency Response Teams who may be required to Identify, detect & monitor HAZMATS at an incident.
This training course is taught by experienced instructors who will take course participants through both theory and practical sessions to respond to on-site hazardous material emergencies.
This Training course has a practical emphasis. Practical drills include: Splash or Gas Suits, Decontamination, Assessment of the incident scene, Rescue Procedures etc. This course makes use of various safety documentation such as: SDS’s, HAZCHEM Sheets & HAG Sheets.
FSA Entry Requirements:
• Fire rated PPE
• Fitness to Participate
• Clothing appropriate to site requirement (eg. Hi Vis, long sleeves and long pants)
• Appropriate safety footwear
• Participants must be clean shaven, no facial hair that may affect facial seal as per Australian standards
• Sufficient language literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
• PUAFIR207B Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
• PUAFIR215 Prevent injury
Corporate course only
- HAZCHEM & Dangerous Goods Legislation
- Ensure compliance with legislation
- HAZCHEM Incident Response protocols / procedures
- Safe Work Procedures
- HAZMAT Emergency Response procedures
- HAZMAT incident leadership
- Personal Protective Equipment: Splash Suits, Gas Suits Decontamination and HOT/WARM COLD Zone establishment
- HAZMAT Emergency Action Guides, HAG Sheets etc
- First Aid treatment for HAZMAT Incidents
- Spill response
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Here are 5 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
Course Pricing: View our Public Course price list.
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted.
Cancellation Policy: Public Courses - With 5 business days cancellation notice a total refund is given. If less than 5 business days notice a 50% refund is made. When less than 24 hours notice is given, no refund is available.
Can we combine courses into a course package? Yes companies can combine other FSA courses with the Chief Fire Warden training to save money.