IDENTIFY, DETECT AND MONITOR HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
Identify Detect and Monitor Hazardous Materials – Hazmat Training
Course Code: PUAFIR316
• PUAFIR316 Identify, detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident
This unit covers competence in monitoring atmospheric conditions to measure contaminants, interpret readings, recommend action to take based on the interpretation, and the effects on humans exposed to hazardous atmospheres.
FSA Entry Requirements:
• Fitness to Participate
• Clothing appropriate to site requirements (eg. Hi Vis, long sleeves and long pants)
• Enclosed shoes
• Appropriate work boots (eg. steel capped)
• Participants to be clean shaven, in line with Australian Standards for Breathing Apparatus equipment
• Sufficient language literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
• PUAFIR207B Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
• PUFIR215 Prevent Injury
Corporate course only
- Assessment techniques
- Personal protective equipment considerations
- Hazardous atmospheres including cause and effect
- Oxygen deficiency/excess
- Toxic and combustible atmospheres
- Workplace exposure standards
- Ventilation and general safe working procedures
- Use of organisation gas detection equipment
- Purging agents
- Calibration drills
- Organisational procedures for entering a hazardous atmospheres procedures
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Here are 5 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
Course Pricing: View our Public Course price list.
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted.
Cancellation Policy: Public Courses - With 5 business days cancellation notice a total refund is given. If less than 5 business days notice a 50% refund is made. When less than 24 hours notice is given, no refund is available.
Can we combine courses into a course package? Yes companies can combine other FSA courses with the Chief Fire Warden training to save money.
Interested in this course?
Corporate training packages
Not sure where to start? FSA can conduct a comprehensive risk assessment and tailor a training and assessment strategy for your business.