LICENCE TO OPERATE A NON-SLEWING MOBILE CRANE - GREATER THAN 3 TONNES CAPACITY
Licence to Operate a Non-Slewing Mobile Crane – Greater than 3 Tonnes Capacity
Course code: TLILIC0008
• TLILIC0008 Licence to operate a non-slewing mobile crane (greater than 3 tonnes capacity)
During the training sessions we may complete practical assessments where appropriate, in a group environment, on actual work tasks or in a simulated environment.
This unit specifies the outcomes required to operate a non-slewing mobile crane of greater than 3 tonnes capacity that incorporates a boom or jib which includes articulated type mobile cranes and locomotive cranes, but does not include vehicle tow trucks, for licensing purposes.
FSA Entry Requirements:
• USI and fitness to participate
• Safety PPE and footwear
• Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
• 2 forms of ID and certified photos (passport size) for the application of High Risk Work Licence
Western Australia Only
- Accurately record and maintain information relating to crane operations
- Use communication techniques in the workplace including whistles, hand signals and use of two-way radios
- Use communication skills at a level sufficient to communicate with other site personnel
- Assessment of ground conditions to confirm that the site is suitable (e.g. firm, level and safe) to operate crane
- Operate crane including all functions to their maximum extension in the lifting and moving of loads to the safe working rated capacity in conjunction with other associated personnel
- Mobile loads using best mobile practice
- Apply risk assessment and hazard control strategies, including hierarchy of control as applied to the positioning and safe operation of the crane (particular awareness of the risks associated with overhead powerlines/electrical cables, ground conditions, crane tipping and demolition sites)
- Use and interpret crane manufacturer’s specifications and data, including load charts to enable the crane to be configured for the load
Please contact Fire and Safety Australia for further information on class size, duration and location
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Here are 5 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
Course Pricing: View our Public Course price list.
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted.
Cancellation Policy: Public Courses - With 5 business days cancellation notice a total refund is given. If less than 5 business days notice a 50% refund is made. When less than 24 hours notice is given, no refund is available.
Can we combine courses into a course package? Yes companies can combine other FSA courses with the Chief Fire Warden training to save money.