MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID TRAINING
Mental Health First Aid
Designed to teach you how to provide initial support to other adults who may be experiencing a mental health problem or crisis until appropriate professional help is received, using practical evidence-based action plan.
This program is suitable for any adult who would like to provide mental health first aid support to friends, work colleagues, family members and others. Evaluations consistently show that MHFA training is associated with improved knowledge r mental illnesses, their treatment and appropriate first aid strategies, along with the confidence to provide first aid to individuals with mental illness. It is also associated with decreased stigma and increase in help provided.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
Onsite or at our training facility
Public and Corporate Courses available in most states.
- Anxiety problems
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviour
- Panic attacks
- Traumatic events
- Severe psychotic states
- Substance use problems
- Severe effects from alcohol or other drugs use
- Aggressive behaviour
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Here are 5 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
Course Pricing: View our Public Course price list.
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted.
Cancellation Policy: Public Courses - With 5 business days cancellation notice a total refund is given. If less than 5 business days notice a 50% refund is made. When less than 24 hours notice is given, no refund is available.
Can we combine courses into a course package? Yes companies can combine other FSA courses with the Chief Fire Warden training to save money.