OPERATE AND MAINTAIN A 4WD VEHICLE
Operate and Maintain a 4WD Vehicle
Course code: RIIVEH305E
• RIIVEH305E Operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle
This course covers the skills and knowledge required to prepare and operate vehicles and related equipment to patrol pipelines or otherwise drive across a variety of terrains.
This unit of competency applies to operators who are required to check their vehicle daily for damage, ensure fuels and lubricant levels are maintained, effect minor repairs, prepare and maintain field equipment, and communicate with their base station.
Operators must check the vehicle for mechanical soundness before leaving base, ensure it is securely and adequately packed, make certain the communications equipment and contact schedule are in order and generally be prepared for long periods off-road.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Fitness to participate
- Free from the influence of drugs & alcohol
- Enclosed shoes, clothing suitable to training site requirements
Group sizes are restricted to up to 3 participants to each trainer. Max 3 per car for practical training.
Onsite or at our training facility (clients are to provide vehicles)
Corporate courses available all states
- Identifying four-wheel drive specific terms, terminology and techniques, including the purpose and use of front wheel hubs, factors affecting Tyre size, fitment, rating & pressure and recovery hooks and mounting features
- Identifying hazards associated with incorrect use of vehicle features or equipment
- Planning for minimal environmental impact including adopting and implementing procedures to ensure minimisation of harm to the environment
- Performing pre-departure checks which may include checks under the bonnet, under the body, external & internal items and accessories
- Determine journey requirements including food, water, navigation equipment and interpreting weather conditions
- Use of four-wheel drive mode, operating four-wheel drive both on & off road, Engaging four-wheel drive mode
- Co-ordinate and recover a vehicle including identifying risks and techniques involved with recovery
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs on four-wheel drive vehicles including submitting written performance reports
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Here are 5 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
Course Pricing: View our Public Course price list.
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted.
Cancellation Policy: Public Courses - With 5 business days cancellation notice a total refund is given. If less than 5 business days notice a 50% refund is made. When less than 24 hours notice is given, no refund is available.
Can we combine courses into a course package? Yes companies can combine other FSA courses with the Chief Fire Warden training to save money.