OPERATE VEHICLES IN THE FIELD
Operate Vehicles in the field
Course code: PMASUP236
• PMASUP236 Operate vehicles in the field
This course covers the skills and knowledge required to prepare and operate vehicles and related equipment to patrol pipelines or otherwise drive across a variety of terrains.
This unit of competency applies to operators who are required to check their vehicle daily for damage, ensure fuels and lubricant levels are maintained, effect minor repairs, prepare and maintain field equipment, and communicate with their base station.
Operators must check the vehicle for mechanical soundness before leaving base, ensure it is securely and adequately packed, make certain the communications equipment and contact schedule are in order and generally be prepared for long periods off-road.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Fitness to participate;
- Free from the influence of drugs & alcohol;
- Enclosed shoes, clothing suitable to training site requirements
- Participants are required to hold a current unrestricted Class C drivers’ licence, applicable for the vehicle being driven and meet the national vision standards requirements for the that states legislation, with or without corrective lenses
1-3 – Max 3 per car for practical training
Onsite or at our training facility
Corporate courses at all states
- Make for a safe workplace in remote locations
- Following company driving policies (Journey Management)
- Observation and Driver attitude
- Identification of Hazards and Risks
- Braking Techniques
- Vehicle recovery
- Fatigue management
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Here are 5 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
Course Pricing: View our Public Course price list.
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted.
Cancellation Policy: Public Courses - With 5 business days cancellation notice a total refund is given. If less than 5 business days notice a 50% refund is made. When less than 24 hours notice is given, no refund is available.
Can we combine courses into a course package? Yes companies can combine other FSA courses with the Chief Fire Warden training to save money.