RESPOND TO WILDFIRE TRAINING
Respond to Wildfire
Course code: PUAFIR204
• PUAFIR204 Respond to wildfire
This unit covers competency for responding to a wildfire, work as a safe and situationally-aware member of a crew to attach and extinguish a fire, participate in mop-up and patrol operations and prepare equipment for the next crew.
FSA Entry Requirements:
• Fitness to Participate
• Site appropriate clothing, eg long pants and long sleeves as a minimum
• Sufficient language literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
• Fire rated PPE and footwear, head and eye protection PLUS gloves (wildfire rated)
• PUAFIR210 Prevent Injury
Evidence of each participant holding the above competencies must be provided prior to entry into the course.
Corporate course only
- Response preparations to wildfire, location and access
- Reacting to changing wildfire behaviour due to changes in weather, topography and fuel conditions
- Participating in dry wildfire control with the use of extinguishing media
- Maintaining health and safety of self, other workers and people in the immediate work area
- Participating in mop-up and patrol, ancillary operations participation
- Correct procedures for equipment stowage and maintenance
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Here are 5 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
Course Pricing: View our Public Course price list.
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted.
Cancellation Policy: Public Courses - With 5 business days cancellation notice a total refund is given. If less than 5 business days notice a 50% refund is made. When less than 24 hours notice is given, no refund is available.
Can we combine courses into a course package? Yes companies can combine other FSA courses with the Chief Fire Warden training to save money.