VERTICAL RESCUE TRAINING
Undertake Vertical Rescue Training
Course code: PUASAR032A, PUASAR022A, PUAEME001B, PUAFIR215
• PUASAR032A Undertake vertical rescue
• PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation
• PUAEME001B Provide emergency care
• PUAFIR215 Prevent injury
This Undertake Vertical Rescue Course is designed for personnel who are required to perform rope rescue to injured personnel.
The training course is taught by experienced emergency services instructors who will perform rescue scenarios that are relevant to our clients and is is very ‘hands on’ with 75% of the time being ‘on ropes’ and performing rescue scenarios.
Various types of equipment can be covered depending on the complexity of the types of rescue methods applicable at the site. Training and course subjects will be completely tailored to the requirements of the worksite. Following the training course, all competent personnel shall be capable of responding and controlling various on-site rope rescue emergencies as this training program is rescue focused and not designed for general ‘working at heights’ workers.
Successful completion enables the participant to assess a scene, assess casualties and assist in performing rescues in a variety of situations.
FSA Entry Requirements:
• Fitness to participate
• Enclosed shoes or appropriate safety footwear
• PPE Clothing appropriate to site requirements eg. Long sleeves & pants
• Sufficient language literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
• HLTAID003 Provide first aid*#
* or equivalent as per training.gov.au
# PUAEME001B will be awarded on RPL where the participant has provided evidence of HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Where the participant fails to provide entry requirement Units of Competency evidence, no Statement of Attainment will be awarded.
Evidence of each participant holding the above competencies must be provided prior to entry into the course
Onsite or at our training facility
Corporate courses at all states
- Compliance Requirements for equipment, access and fall arrest systems
- Software Theory: Harness, Ropes etc
- Hardware Theory
- Life Rescue Knots & Hitches
- Anchor Points / Anchor Systems
- Suspension Trauma
- Rappelling Skills
- Line Ascension Skills
- Rescue Team Ethos & Ideals
- Lowering & Raising Systems
- Stretcher Escorting & Patient handling
- ‘Pick Off Rescues’
- Safety Officer & Team Leader Roles & Responsibilities
- Belay Systems & Climbing Skills (Optional)
- Decline Traverses (Optional)
- Tyrolean Traverses (Optional)
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Here are 5 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
Course Pricing: View our Public Course price list.
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted.
Cancellation Policy: Public Courses - With 5 business days cancellation notice a total refund is given. If less than 5 business days notice a 50% refund is made. When less than 24 hours notice is given, no refund is available.
Can we combine courses into a course package? Yes companies can combine other FSA courses with the Chief Fire Warden training to save money.